Re: Problem building GDB for sparc-rtems

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/16/2011 09:34 AM, David Paterson wrote:
>
>> This may be more appropriate for the RTEMS, or even Binutils,
>> mailing lists - if so, please let me know and I'll move it over.
>
> It might be, but let's have some fun and see if we can figure it out.

Thanks Keith.  I'm not sure "fun" is the word to use though... :-)

>> I'm trying to build a cross-toolchain for a Sparc (Leon2) system,
>> and while the basic version, configured for "sparc-elf" is no
>> problem, when I try to rebuild for RTEMS I'm getting an error during
>> the GDB build :-
>
> How did you do this? Can you share your build commands? I presume you did
> this in a clean build directory?

I've tried a few different configure options, but the last ones I
tried, which are
still giving the same error, are :-

    cd build.gdb-7.2/
    rm -rf *

    ../../GCCSources/gdb-7.2/configure  --target=sparc-rtems4.10.0
--disable-shared --disable-nls \
    --disable-werror --disable-sim --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld
--prefix=/usr/local/SParcRtems

    make all
    make install

(run from a script file, rather than command line, but that also gives the same
result, as I tried it in case there was some script environment problem).

For reference, I'm also using gmp-5.0.1, mpfr-3.0.1, mpc-0.9, binutils-2.21,
gcc-4.5.2 and newlib-1.19.0 (of course not all of those are used for GDB).

> FWIW, I just built sparc-rtems on linux (Fedora 13) without incident from
> the 7.2 tarball, so it should work for you, too.

Interesting.  I'll try building some other targets as well, and see if
it's purely a
Sparc problem.  I should have thought to try that...

Cheers,

David P.