Re: can't step into, or print variables inside of C++ template function

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:43:16 +0200, Brian Budge wrote:
> A quick update:  This works under gcc 4.4.  Unsure if a bug should be
> filed against gdb to work with newer debug information, or against gcc
> for breaking the debug information.

Sometimes it is GCC bug, sometimes GDB bug.  But the GCC or GDB maintainers
will reassign it appropriately when needed.

It is more important to file a reproducer, I cannot say anything more about
it.  Both GCC and GDB have heavy regression testsuites and apparently this
case is not yet covered there.

Thanks,
Jan