Does multi-exec make sense without target-async?

Hi,

I just want to make sure I understand this right.

There is no point in running multi-exec without
target-async on, right?

I mean, if I have two inferiors and I run one,
there is no way for me to tell GDB to also
run the second one?  To do that, I have to
interrupt the first to get the prompt.
I originally thought of using 'continue -a'
to resume all inferiors, but the -a flag
is only for non-stop it seems.

Thanks

Marc

FYI, I'm asking because for all-stop in
Eclipse, we don't use target-async.  I know
we probably should, but there was not big
reason to make that change... until now
maybe.