Re: Work on the SIS ERC32 Emulator

Hi.

    We failed to follow the normal guidelines, and I've heard the reason
    for that in some of the cases, but that was a long time ago. IMO,
    that was a mistake, for several reasons I don't want to detail here.

I fully agree with the FSF policy of requiring copyright assignments for
the "important" projects :)

    However, as you have noticed, because the FSF is not the copyright
    holder of some of the files, we couldn't update the license to
    GPLv3.

They are GPLv2+, so you can simply "relicense" to GPLv3+.  It is not
really relicensing, but just choosing a subset of the available set of
licenses the files are distributed under.

    > Do you plan to upgrade the files under 'sis' from GPLv2+ to GPLv3+?

    I only see 2 "sis" files: erc32/sis.[hc]. Are these the files you
    are referring to?

Sorry.  I meant the files under sim/erc32.

--
Jose E. Marchesi    jemarch@gnu.org
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org