Re: readline rebase 5.1->6.2?

> Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:43:27 +0100
> From: Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil@redhat.com>
> Cc: Kai Tietz <ktietz@redhat.com>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>
> Just the patches are of the kind of MS-related platforms compatibility:
> 	+dnl BEGIN changes for CYGNUS cross-building for Cygwin
> 	+#ifdef __MSDOS__
> 	+#if defined (__GO32__)
> 	+#ifndef __MINGW32__
> 	!+#if defined (SIGWINCH)
> 	? (+#if defined (HAVE_GETPWENT))

I'm not sure I understand: are you saying that the local patches we
have in GDB wrt the original readline 5.1 are those listed above?  If
so, the last two are not about MS platforms.

> Before 7.3 cut off I ask about the opinion on these MS-related platforms
> compatibility readline patches

Can you show these patches in full?  I'm quite sure the changes
related to __MSDOS__ and __GO32__ are still needed, but I'd like to
review them.  I could also try looking at the __MINGW32__ patches.

Thanks.