Re: python help(gdb) doesn't work in my local build.

Tom> Maybe this is fixable.  Or you could make install.

Michael> How would you get it to work from your build tree?

Actually, it works fine for me.

I guess I would debug the startup code in python.c to see why it isn't
working for you.  See _initialize_python, there is a comment about
data-directory, which is where the runtime stuff gets copied and used
for in-tree runs.

Tom