Re: debugging gdb using gdb

What happens if you do *exactly* the same thing on x86 linux?

paawan oza wrote:
can I get some inputs regarding following mail chain ?
as debugging gdb using gdb on arm is becoming difficult.

Regards,
Oza.

----- Original Message ---- From: paawan oza <paawan1982@yahoo.com> To: Michael Snyder <msnyder@vmware.com> Cc: "gdb@sourceware.org" <gdb@sourceware.org> Sent: Thu, February 17, 2011 9:01:12 AM Subject: Re: debugging gdb using gdb

it works absolutely fine on x86 linux.
on both terminals gdb allows input output at any time.

the difference is; in arm-linux I connect through telnet while in x86-linux, just local native terminal.

Regards,
Oza.

----- Original Message ---- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder@vmware.com> To: paawan oza <paawan1982@yahoo.com> Cc: "gdb@sourceware.org" <gdb@sourceware.org> Sent: Wed, February 16, 2011 11:38:25 PM Subject: Re: debugging gdb using gdb

paawan oza wrote:
Hi,

during reversible implementation, I am trying to debug arm-gdb using arm-gdb.
so i connect through telnet terminal and open two different terminals.
and run both the gdb on target and attach the one gdb with another one.
the moment I attach another gdb and give continue command, the gdb being debugged, looses iis terminal, and I am not able to type anything, and gdb does

not accept any keyboard input and it hangs.

Regards,
Oza.

What happens if you try the same thing on x86 linux?