This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[RFC] gelf - user space probe debugger
- From: Jiri Olsa <jolsa at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: jolsa at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:10:20 +0100
- Subject: [RFC] gelf - user space probe debugger
I started a debugger project. It's based on the user space backport
of optimized kprobes (djprobes) and RSP stub implementation.
The debugger is implemented as a preloaded shared library,
which handles all the debugger work, hence no kernel ptrace
It just reached the state where it can handle simple gdb session
of setting/reaching a breakpoint and continue the execution.
Details can be found on http://people.redhat.com/jolsa/gelf/
I'd like to ask for opinions if there'd be users for such thing,
and if it's worth to continue on this..
thanks for any ideas,
ps. I'm not subscribed to the list, so please include my email
in the answer