Re: Question re: testsuite, "isnative", "is_remote" etc.

Joel Brobecker wrote:
I used [target_info exists use_gdb_stub] last time I fixed a test like
this (gdb.base/break-entry.exp).

Yep, I've been tempted to use that too. But I think "use_gdb_stub" is still something different. It was meant to refer to those old stubs like i386-stub.c, not to gdbserver. There used to be some magic that you had to do, like this in break.c:

I looked at the documented procedure for testing with gdbserver, and everything is setup by the boards file. So, it's basically a question of convention.

The boards file in the wiki do the following:

set_board_info use_gdb_stub 1

So that might be the best solution, even if we might be abusing
its original intent.

Then what is the corresponding test for the testsuite? And do we need to revise some of the existing tests?