This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Question re: testsuite, "isnative", "is_remote" etc.
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:23:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: Question re: testsuite, "isnative", "is_remote" etc.
- References: <4D2E35C5.email@example.com> <20110112232003.GK2518@adacore.com>
Joel Brobecker wrote:
I see a lot of tests that use "if not isnative", but that surely
isn't right, since that test only compares the host and target board
It seems like a dumb question, but why isn't this right?
Because host might be the same as target, and I still might be a
remote board, eg. if I'm using gdbserver.
I think when the "isnative" test was written, this scenario was not
realistic. There were no embedded boards capable of running linux.
Nowdays, "isnative" is not the opposite of "isremote". You can be both.