This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Why gdb-7.1 doesn't set hardware watchpoints on i7 CPU (amd64)?
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: Yuri <yuri at rawbw dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:06:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: Why gdb-7.1 doesn't set hardware watchpoints on i7 CPU (amd64)?
- References: <4D0AD70D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Yuri <email@example.com> wrote:
> All watchpoints are software.
> How can I troubleshoot? How to understand why its unable to set HW
You begin by explaining what made you conclude that you can't set HW
watchpoints, preferably by showing a sample program and a complete log
of your GDB session. Verifying that the same problem exists in current
CVS snapshot is also a good idea.
Hope this helps,