This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Overlays and symbol lookup query
- From: Petr HluzÃn <petr dot hluzin at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <aburgess at broadcom dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 22:58:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: Overlays and symbol lookup query
- References: <4CFE4F8B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am probably the wrong guy to answer that (I do not know how GDB
internals work here, nor have used overlays before).
You did not mention if manual overlay commands  were of any use.
I understand that GDB requires user to set overlays manually or to
have special support in the target . The special support in the
target can be done by an overlaying library.
What does "overlay list" print?
I wonder if GDB is able to detect that a target uses overlays and
automatic overlay support is not implemented in the target.