RE: Using telnet to control a running GDB

From: Tom Tromey [tromey@redhat.com]

Jan> [ You should have more experience with async/non-stop/MI than
Jan> me, though.  ]

Marc> We don't always use aync/non-stop in Eclipse.  It is up to the
Marc> user to decide.

> I am curious to know why Eclipse works this way.

From the discussions I have seen about non-stop, it seems some user
feel the all-stop mode is more intuitive, while others prefer non-stop.

I personally think non-stop is the most obvious one, but it may have
to do with my telecom background.

Therefore, we let the user choose which mode they prefer.

Also, we still support GDB 6.6, 6.7 and 6.8, which don't have
non-stop at all.  Finally, the all-stop mode was what users of Eclispe
and GDB were accustomed to until GDB 7.0, so they may find it annoying
if Eclipse forced them to use non-stop (kind of like if GDB decided to remove all-stop).

Marc