This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: Add zlib source to src CVS resposity
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 06:22:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: Add zlib source to src CVS resposity
- References: <AANLkTikYSxV51_452Wuqox6mQ3_QwNjzNkBgV=NzKk4f__16997.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <AANLkTinR-RO0RpKPsSi9E5uUytGaxH-g1bwjRVLMx_V2@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <4CCEF548.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20101101235550.GF26513@bubble.grove.modra.org> <20101102010249.GB19682@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <4CCFC979.email@example.com>
Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Right - this decision has been made. We are not going to include
> zlib the in the binutils sources.
> Thanks for suggesting the idea and working on the patch, but in the
> end it was just not a path we wanted to go down.
I think the next decision is whether to require the host system to have
zlib, much as gcc requires the host system to have gmp, mpfr, and mpc.