Re: gdb cross compilation, error from gdb/tui module

If you want to work on the linux part as well,
and if running a  native arm gdb is too much for your arm board,
you can use process  record on x86 connected to an arm-linux
gdbserver ("target remote  ...") running on the arm board.  That'll
be slow, but should work.

Oza:

1) as I do not have arm target/board, everything to be done on host either by
vmware, qemu et... whichever support arm-linux-kernel on x86 host...and then
inside that I can compile gdb fully for arm and do linux ABI part, hope that way
it works out.
but I ahev not got any setup as of now, as I am working on the first part on arm
insns. (non-OS-ABI part)

2) If I correctly understand, the nomenclature 'arm-tdep', does it mean
arm-target-depedent, and when I try to compile gdb with --target=arm-eabi or
arm-elf, it also compile arm-tdep.c as a packge of simulator. Is My
understanding correct ?

Thank you for your inputs.

Regards,
Oza.