This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLog info missing ?
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: paawan oza <paawan1982 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:50:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: ChangeLog info missing ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
paawan oza wrote:
I have downloaded gdb 7.2 to continue working on reversible debugging. As I have
observed the ChangeLog, there are 2 things.
1) below flaoting point changelog is missing from ChangeLog of gdb
--- gdb.orig/ChangeLog 2009-08-21 21:37:18.000000000 -0400
+++ gdb.new/floating.ChangeLog 2009-08-21 21:37:13.000000000 -0400
@@ -1,3 +1,9 @@
+2009-08-21 Oza Pawandeep <email@example.com>
+ * i386-tdep.c: Support for floating point recording.
+ Records and Replay the i386 floating point registers,
+ of i387 FPU.
2009-08-19 Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
* configure.ac: Call AC_DISABLE_OPTION_CHECKING.
2) there has been work done on arm-tdep.c as I see ChangeLog
(as I was also paralelly working, but I was not sure about already work going
The progress was slow because I changed organisation : (
I am not sure how much work has been done on arm and what is left..
kindly clarify my understanding on point 1 and possibly on point 2.
If your changelog entry was left out, I appologize. It was probably
my fault -- I'll fix it when I get back from the gcc summit next week.
As for point #2, I'm sure some work has taken place in ther arm-tdep.c
module, but as far as I am aware, nothing related to reverse debugging
has been checked in there. I do recall reading a message or two from
somebody else (not a regular contributer) who expressed an interest in
implementing reverse debugging for arm, but so far he has not submitted
any for review.
Good to hear from you, and sorry again if your changelog entry got left out.