This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: reversible debugging, enhancements, proposals
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: paawan oza <paawan1982 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:15:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: reversible debugging, enhancements, proposals
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:30:47 +0200, paawan oza wrote:
> 1) if we want to debug the long linked list chain, we need to to move manually
> next, next, and so on...
> so if you want to to see 100th node's value, or want to know cerain field's
> value in all nodes.... (there also could be level of nesting in the list also,
> for e.g. list->some_field->next and so on...) then it becomes cumbersome and
> I am not sure whether that facility is available, but I think it is a very
> useful feature, if it is not there.
Using this .gdbinit macro:
set var $plist_iter=$arg0
set var $plist_iter=$plist_iter->next
List dumper iterating by `->next':
plist <head pointer> [<data field to display>] [/<format>]