This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
reversible debugging, enhancements, proposals
- From: paawan oza <paawan1982 at yahoo dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 02:30:47 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: reversible debugging, enhancements, proposals
please give your inputs for following, if required.
1) if we want to debug the long linked list chain, we need to to move manually
next, next, and so on...
so if you want to to see 100th node's value, or want to know cerain field's
value in all nodes.... (there also could be level of nesting in the list also,
for e.g. list->some_field->next and so on...) then it becomes cumbersome and
I am not sure whether that facility is available, but I think it is a very
useful feature, if it is not there.
I would like to make a patch which gives that facility in gdb.
2) I also working on arm reversible support (having vmware) that should help me
finish the insn part (if not linux ABI)... but the work has been going very slow
will try to catch up.
3) kernel reversible debugging, is there any work going on (such as framework on
sys call revocation, memory allocation revocation, etc...), just curious to