Re: preserving checkpoints across sessions

Marc Khouzam wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: gdb-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:gdb-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Mathew Yeates
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:06 PM
To: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: preserving checkpoints across sessions

I looked at the checkpoint code and I "sort of" see how it could be
done but I'm no gdb guru.
Somebody add this! It would be a great feature. You  could add
checkpoints throughout your executable and be able to start a gdb
session and go directly to a desired location.

I also think this would be a nice feature. In fact, I thought that is how checkpoints worked already :-O I was planning on adding this support in Eclipse. I guess I'll have to wait for it to be supported in GDB first.

I frankly don't see any way to implement it. I'm open to suggestions.