This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: preserving checkpoints across sessions
- From: Marc Khouzam <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>
- To: "'Mathew Yeates'" <mat dot yeates at gmail dot com>, "'gdb at sourceware dot org'" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:58:55 -0400
- Subject: RE: preserving checkpoints across sessions
- References: <AANLkTikKpP1JgIrueLtc9O9SNBlXMAnv1s6gtCQyzYn0@mail.gmail.com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com
> [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Mathew Yeates
> Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:06 PM
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: preserving checkpoints across sessions
> I looked at the checkpoint code and I "sort of" see how it could be
> done but I'm no gdb guru.
> Somebody add this! It would be a great feature. You could add
> checkpoints throughout your executable and be able to start a gdb
> session and go directly to a desired location.
I also think this would be a nice feature.
In fact, I thought that is how checkpoints worked already :-O
I was planning on adding this support in Eclipse. I guess
I'll have to wait for it to be supported in GDB first.