This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ARM prologue parsing support for Thumb-2 instructions?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, rearnsha at arm dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:37:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: ARM prologue parsing support for Thumb-2 instructions?
- References: <201007161703.o6GH3XoP011062@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 07:03:33PM +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Since Thumb-2 is the default code generation option on this system, this
> makes it just about impossible to backtrace out of any code that does not
> come with debug information.
> Now I was wondering whether I'm missing something here ... Is this really
> just something that's simply missing? If so, do you know whether anybody
> is currently working on adding this support? Otherwise, I could give it
> a try.
In my personal opinion, having no debug info - not even just
.debug_frame - for system libraries is a mistake.
That said, I don't think you're missing anything; and I don't know of
anyone working on Thumb-2 prologue analysis.