This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
some questions about kernel debugging
- From: loody <miloody at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:52:31 +0800
- Subject: some questions about kernel debugging
I enable kernel hacking options about kernel debugging on my mips platform.
I can successfully connect to the target board.
My question is:
1. why I cannot p/x the value of variable?
I have enabled CONFIG_ARCH_WANT_FRAME_POINTERS and CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER
but I still get the message which tell me "value optimized out".
did I miss anything?
my kernel version is 220.127.116.11?
appreciate your help,