RE: Backtrace from kernel to user space in coredump

I've done just what you describe for MIPS, by adding a bunch of code to the prologue analyzers.  The user space symbols are a bit of a hassle, not so much for the program itself (add-symbol-file is easy enough for that) but because of the shared libraries (if you have those -- in my case it was NetBSD so that did matter).

	paul