Re: [Discussion/Prec] The record speed up plan (Make speed like without prec)

Hi Hui,

would you please explain the idea of following lines ?

if (lookup_minimal_symbol ("fork", NULL, NULL) != NULL)
    fork_fn = find_function_in_inferior ("fork", &fork_objf);
if (!fork_fn)
    if (lookup_minimal_symbol ("_fork", NULL, NULL) != NULL)
      fork_fn = find_function_in_inferior ("fork", &fork_objf);
      if (!fork_fn) +    return -1; +  ret = value_from_longest (builtin_type (gdbarch)->builtin_int, 0);
 /* Tell record.c that the following inferior change doesn't need record. */
      old_cleanups = record_disable_set (); + +
 /* Tell target that this is linux pre-record.  */
      self_cleanups = make_cleanup_restore_integer      (&linux_pre_recording); +  linux_pre_recording = 1;
      ret = call_function_by_hand (fork_fn, 0, &ret); + +  do_cleanups (self_cleanups);

PS: I am unable to find some definations e.g. find_function_in_inferior

please comment.

Regards,
Oza.