Re: [ARI] Status of ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED in gdb sources

> Is this comment still valid, from the compiler point of view?
> Does gcc still have such problems?

I don't know.

>   If yes, is it OK if I remove all ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED from sources?
>   If no, shouldn't we change that policy?

I haven't thought much about it but, to me ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED does not
make sense unless we use -Wunused-param. And I really don't see how
this switch could help us increase code quality - only extra hassle
trying to silence warnings. We have so many functions used as callbacks
with defined APIs that we probably have unused parameters everywhere.
So, at this point, I'm leaning towards getting rid of ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED
and keeping the ARI (or perhaps poison it too).

--
Joel