Re: [RFC] "actionpoints"?

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Stan Shebs <stan@codesourcery.com> writes:

A plus is that the term is sufficiently vague that it is sensible
for watchpoints, catchpoints, tracepoints, breakpoints, and the rest
of the menagerie, including future ideas we haven't thought of yet.
[...]

This does not sound like a plus to me. A good term is *clear*.

Heh - "vague" is poor phrasing, I just meant that an all-encompassing term would ideally connote that wider compass, without carrying some other kind of more specific meaning. By that standard, "actionpoint" is not ideal, because we already use "action" to refer to what tracepoints when hit, and similarly for "eventpoint", because we do use "event" in GDB, though in only a couple restricted contexts. "*point" is perhaps technically most correct, although but as a non-word it presents difficulties, for instance when mentioning it over the phone. :-)

Stan