Re: pc 0x25c9b0 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab

On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

>> yes this bug I encounter some time ago, too. It is related to DLL files
>> not having any debugging information but are shown in backtrace. Here it
>> warns once about psymtab != symtab and code in gdb fix it afterwards. IMHO
>> this warning is simply pretty bogus here, or the DLL loader should
>> generate for pe-coff the symtab, too.
>
> Hopefully this is helpful.

Not that much.  This doesn't sound coherent to me because if there is no debugging information both the
psymtab and the symtab should be empty.

> If there is anything else I can do to help track down the bug, please
> let me know.

It would be nice to have a reproducer.  It doesn't need to be small and I think sources are not needed
to investigate this issue.

Sadly, without reproducer I won't get far.

Tristan.