Re: porting reversible on arm/mips

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Michael Snyder <msnyder@vmware.com> wrote:
> Fair enough.
>
> Ramana, do you have a favorite online guide or "how-to"
> for someone who wants to start building an arm cross tool chain?

Depends on what you want to do here -

If you are looking to build cross bare-metal toolchains - I prefer to
use the combined build method as here
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Building_Cross_Toolchains_with_gcc with the
--target=arm-eabi option. I use that for most of my development
activity and that works just fine.

I haven't been following the gdb reverse work as closely as I should
but if your work doesn't involve tweaking the kernel and is only in
gdb userland, then there are some ARM devel boards running GNU/Linux
available on the GCC compile farm for use by open source developers.
You could contact Laurent Guerby for access to these boards.
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm

If you want to build ARM Linux cross-tools using eglibc, then using a
script based on instructions as in the eglibc repository are what I
use and have set up successfully. Dan Kegel's crosstool appears to be
very good for building with older configurations but I'm not sure how
it copes with the new ports infrastructure in (e)glibc.

cheers
Ramana