Re: COPYING and gpl version number

Joel Brobecker wrote:
The file COPYING in the  gdb-7.0 distro refers to the
GPL version 2.  I thought we were at GPL version 3 now?
What's up with that?

I *think* that's a mistake, and that we should fix the problem on both head and branch.

The version two COPYING file is present in the tarfile both at top level and within the gdb subdir, as well as several other places. I only found the version three COPYING file in the bfd subdir.