Re: [RFC] Let "gcore" command accept a suffix argument

Joel Brobecker wrote:
Would it be able to include the incr? "eval gcore foo.$a++"?

I do not think so, not as suggested by Tom, I believe. The suggestion is to expand convenience variables, not evaluate full-fledged expressions. The issue with full-fledged expressions is that you have to recognize them and find where they start and end. But I think that this would not be a serious limitation in practice, since the above can be rewritten as:

  eval gcore foo.$a
  set $a = $a + 1

Well, that would suit me OK, so long as somebody else implements it.