Re: GDB GUI

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 11:59:10AM +0100, Marco Menegazzi wrote:

> So if I am not interested in future developements of gdb, because I
> am not working on a gdb frontend but I only need to use gdb under my
> graphical application, could it be useful to interact with gdb
> instead of gdb/mi ? It is just a question to understand if I really
> need to use gdb-mi in my case ...
> Thank you all for the answers.

I really strongly recommend you use GDB/MI.

It's a little trickier to get started, because you're not already
familiar with exactly how GDB/MI looks; you probably know what the GDB
CLI looks like.  But the GDB CLI is unpredictable and guaranteed to
generate output you can't parse.  It changes between releases, between
systems, and more.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery