Core file shows stack correctly with GDB 5.3.9 but not with GDB 6.8

Hello,

Usually, when we open core files using GDB 6.8 the stack shows correctly (while GDB 5.3.9 shows '?? ()' for several frames).

However, from time to time we encounter core files for which the opposite is correct. Namely, we can see the stack correctly with 5.3.9 but not with 6.8.

This phenomenon happens on the same machine and executables are compiled using the same environment. We have no idea regarding the cause of this weird behavior.

I would be thankful if you could shed some light on this issue.

Regards,

Avi

Email secured by Check Point

Email secured by Check Point