Re: gdb.git hiccup

Jim Meyering wrote:
>> In setting up binutils.git, my mirroring script added a bunch of junk to
>> gdb.git's staging repo (blame the module name that they share, "src"),
>> and then the regularly-scheduled "sync-from-cvs" pushed a bunch of old
>> binutils commits and refs to the official gdb.git repo.
>>
>> Bottom line: gdb.git just got a lot bigger, and at least one ref
>> (master) is no longer pointing where it should.
>>
>> If someone can point me to a gdb.git repository I can trust, preferably
>> already uploaded to sourceware,org, I'll put things back in order.

FYI, so far, here's all I've done:

  head=a4a5c910c73f0bf2b7d063912274461838139423
  git update-ref HEAD $head
  git update-ref master $head

That should be enough for now.
However, I'll bet there are now a ton of useless-to-gdb
references (tags and branches) and commits taking up lots of space.
If anyone can say which tags and branches can be removed, I'll be happy
to remove them and prune all associated commits.

At the same time, I'll compress the whole server-side repo
to a more reasonable size.  Currently it weighs in at around 500MB.

Let me know.