Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GDB 7.0 release process created

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:11:54AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> That's what I suggested we do a few days ago, before we cut the branch.
> But I haven't had a chance to test this much. Right now, AdaCore has
> a separate branch for x86-darwin GDB, that we used to develop the port.
> We're trying to move to gdb-7.0, but we haven't had time to complete
> the integration and until then, testing is difficult. I definitely
> plan on completing this part before 7.0 is out, however.
>
> In the meantime, I'll see if I can reproduce Jack's issue with the
> latest sources.
>
> --
> Joel

Just to be clear, if I add...

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2009-09/msg00430.htm

to gdb cvs on x86_64-apple-darwin, I still see the warnings...

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.50.20090920-cvs
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin10".
Reading symbols from /Users/howarth/a.out...
warning: dsym file UUID doesn't match the one in /Users/howarth/a.out

warning: section __DATA.__common not found in /Users/howarth/himenoBMTxpa.o
(no debugging symbols found)...done.

but I also see...

(gdb) break 4
Breakpoint 1 at 0x10000154c: file himenoBMTxpa.c, line 4.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /Users/howarth/a.out
Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 154: (os/kern) failure (0x5).
 (please check gdb is setgid procmod)
(gdb)

So it seems like breakpoints can be set but their is a setgid problem.
        Jack