Re: [gdb-7.0 release] 2009-09-02 status and proposed plan

> My list is probably incomplete, since I have not been systematic about
> tracking patches.  That said, patch submitters do bear some burden to
> ping their patches and to otherwise irritate a maintainer into
> responding ;)

Right :). Patch submitters, if you have a patch that has not been
reviewed yet, would you mind sending me a *private* email with
a URL to the patch, please? I will add it to our checklist. We can
try to review it promptly.

> I've meant to review some of these, but of course it is tough to get to
> them all.  And, there are several in here that I won't review as I don't
> have the necessary expertise.

Same here. Anything that says C++ usually scares me away. But I'll
start taking the stance that, if no one liked at it for weeks, and
I don't see anything wrong, let's put it in, and see what happens.
I would have prefered we did that at some other time but close to
a release, though...

> I just wanted to encourage maintainers to make an extra effort.

And let's encourage more people to become maintainers if we think
they are ready.

I've added a new section to the gdb-7.0_release wiki page, that
lists all patches that we know of that we should make every effort
to review before the 7.0 release is made.

--
Joel