RE: Simics & reverse execution

> This is really a big mail.  And looks like a AD.  :)
>
> I think you mean is simics can support reverse with remote like vmware, right?

I think the answer is that method used seems mostly the same.

The key thing for me was to explain that the time scope of the reversible run is
potentially larger than what any particular gdb-remote connection sees: i.e., it
is nice if gdb would accept backing into "before it was attached" logically, and
not assume too much control over the reversing in itself.

And that a probe for reversibility in gbd-remote would be a worthwhile addition
to the protocol.

/jakob