Re: errors in GDB reading symbols

Tom> I'd like to propose that we get rid of libgdb.a entirely.
Tom> I think all it does is slow down the build.

Daniel> Unfortunately, there's an IDE (Free Pascal?) that uses it.  I don't
Daniel> know of other uses.

Daniel> I'm still in favor of being rid of it; but we should warn them directly.

I looked into this yesterday.

Removing this doesn't shave much time off the build -- 5 seconds on my
machine.  Still, it would probably be good to do.  While doing this, I
did discover we have duplicate objects in libgdb.a, oops.

I think the Free Pascal folks already know about this problem:

http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org/msg13661.html

Tom