Re: What is keeping GDB in CVS ?

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:37:53PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I still think that the various projects merged under the "src" umbrella
> should be pulled apart and given their own repositories.  There is
> really, for instance, no reason for Cygwin or cgen, which are non-FSF
> projects, to be intermingled with gdb and binutils.
>
> However, I am very sympathetic to the notion that "It ain't broke..."

The solution I'd like best, I think, is one with separate projects
that makes it easy to manually or automatically sync revisions from
the shared directories.  This may be nothing more than some clever
push hooks, for instance to reject manual changes to bfd/ being pushed
to the central gdb repository and to automatically propogate changes
to bfd/ from binutils.  Anyone feeling inspired enough to build a
proof-of-concept?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery