Re: GDB using a lot of CPU time and writing a lot to disk on startup

Nick Savoiu <savoiu@yahoo.com> wrote on 22/04/2009 01:21:24 PM:
> There are some reads from time to time but the writes are a constant.
> Is there a way to determine the process that actually does the writing?

pidstat (part of the sysstat package) can report on which processes are
producing disk I/O on Linux kernels 2.6.20 and later. For example, to
monitor which processes are doing I/O over the next sixty seconds with
reports every 10 seconds.

pidstat -d -t 10 6

Cheers,
Toby Haynes