Re: Kernel symbol table

Shrinand Javadekar wrote:
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. However, there are a couple of problems with
looking at vmlinux.

1. When I haven't built the kernel myself, I don't have the vmlinux file.
2. When I am remotely connected to a machine, I don't really have the
vmlinux file with me.

Hence, rather that getting the info statically from file, it would be
great to read it directly from the memory of the target.

Not possible, afaik. The symbol sections of the vmlinu[x|z] file are explicitly NOT loaded into memory.

Or were you thinking about some sort of /proc-like mechanism?