Re: google summer of code

Hi teawater,

El vie, 27-02-2009 a las 10:27 +0800, teawater escribiÃ:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 22:25, Thiago Jung Bauermann
> <bauerman@br.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Some that may be worth considering for this:
> >
> > 1. Help with Python scripting support;
>
> It must can make a lot of people interested in.  When I told about gdb
> in some place, must have a lot of people ask me if gdb support python
> or not.  :)

That's awesome!

> > 2. Help with reversible debugging (not sure if teawater and Michael need
> > a helping hand there);
>
> I am not very clear the GSOC want student get .
> But maybe we can let these students do some test with reverse debug
> and precord,  of course write some testsuite is better. :)
> They can not only test reverse debug with precord, but also test
> reverse debug with some remote-stub that support reverse-debug (For
> example, vmware and Simics. Maybe we need help from Jakob and
> Michael.)
> I think it will help gdb reverse debug very much. :)

So if I understood what you said, you think a GSoC student could write
testcases for the reversible debugging feature? Would you (or Michael
Snyder, perhaps) be willing to mentor someone working on this activity?
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann