This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
info watch command
- From: raja dot saleru at iap-online dot com
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 03:36:22 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: info watch command
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am having query on "info watch command". consider the below sample
(gdb) watch x
Hardware watchpoint 2: x
(gdb) rwatch y
Hardware read watchpoint 3: y
(gdb) awatch c
Hardware access (read/write) watchpoint 4: c
(gdb) info watch
Num Type Disp Enb Address What
1 breakpoint keep y 0x00000542 in main at test.c:10
breakpoint already hit 1 time
2 hw watchpoint keep y x
3 read watchpoint keep y y
4 acc watchpoint keep y c
by default, it will be hardware watchpoint. for the "info watch" command,
only for watch it is showing as "hw watchpoint". however why it is not
differentiated for rwatch as "read watchpoint" "hw read watchpoint" ?
similarly for awatch.
For write watchpoint, there is differentiation.
Thanks in advance