Re: Program terminated by SIGTRAP in gdb

[I added gdb@sourceware.org back]

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Albert Fu <quarkverse@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Did you do that command on host or on target (or are they one and
>> the same)?
> It produced "No Symbols" when I ran the command on the target.
>
> I guest libpthread.so0 is stripped.

Indeed. I am glad I asked.

> Is there any example to compile a non-stripped version of libpthread?

Your compiled for target version is already likely not stripped.
Possibly you stripped it before copying to target, to save space.

If so, use 'strip --strip-debug' instead of 'strip'.

If your target version is stripped, notify your vendor that
it is "no good".

Rebuilding glibc for target using your cross-compiler will produce
non-stripped version. Beware: libc.so.6, libpthread.so.0,
ld-linux.so.2 etc. etc. must all match! Do not "mix and match"
parts of glibc from different compilations.

Cheers,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov