This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb.cp/templates.exp, ctor/dtor breakpoints, etc....
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Christophe LYON <christophe dot lyon at st dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:03:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: gdb.cp/templates.exp, ctor/dtor breakpoints, etc....
- References: <49705F42.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:19:46AM +0100, Christophe LYON wrote:
> While trying to improve my Open64/Gcc-3-3-3 based compiler results on the
> gdb-6.8 testsuite, I noticed on gdb.cp/templates.exp that even on
> x86/GCC-4.1.x there are still several KFAIL tests dating back to 2003.
> In particular, there are issues when setting breakpoints on ctor/dtor.
> I thought that the recent support for multiple breakpoints would fix
> this, so I am a bit surprised.
They've all got PRs associated with them that explain the problems.
Most of them seem to deal with menus or with the names of the
constructors/destructors; we've mostly fixed breakpoints by line
> Could someone give me some updated status in this area: should the tests
> be revisited, or is it GDB itself that should be fixed, or GCC?
In general we use kfail only for GDB bugs, not GCC bugs.