This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb watch command packet
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: IAPT-Sreerama Shailaja <sreerama dot shailaja at iap-online dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:54:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: gdb watch command packet
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:04 PM, IAPT-Sreerama Shailaja
> I would like to know the packet communication between the gdb and OpenOCD
> when the below command is executed.
> (gdb)watch x
> Sending packet: $Z2,1,4#49...Ack
> Packet received: E10
> packet $Z2,1,4#49...Ack
> in the above packet address is 1 and length is 4#49.
> So the above address and length is correct while sending packet for
> inserting watch point?
the format is correct.
Whether the values are correct I can't say (an address of 1 seems wrong,
whether the size is correct depends on what 'x' is).
The response is E10 indicating an error, perhaps it's complaining
about the bad address.