This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: multi-proc: info processes?
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "pedro at codesourcery dot com" <pedro at codesourcery dot com>, "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:21:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: multi-proc: info processes?
- References: <491B3695.firstname.lastname@example.org> <491B3A6E.email@example.com>
Stan Shebs wrote:
Michael Snyder wrote:
Hey Pedro,Look at "info inferiors". It's just the processes (or whatever) that are
currently being controlled by GDB.
For your multi-process work, are you planning anything
analogous to the "info threads" command, eg. "info processes"?
That would be somewhat ambitious, especially for a remote target - I
think you'd need a new packet just to return the list of processes...
What might that look like, in your model? Would it list,
say, just the processes that gdb is attached to? Or would
you want something analogous to "ps", that would list all
of the processes that are available to be attached?
Sure -- by analogy with qfThreadInfo/qsThreadInfo, it could
be implemented as an iterator.
I'm not sure how desireable it is, but it could save you
from having to go over to the remote target and typing "ps"...
By the way, what about remote attach? Is that in the plan?