This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: how much to regenerate
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:54:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: how much to regenerate
- References: <491AEC8C.email@example.com>
Joel Sherrill wrote:
I have a patch to sim/common/aclocal.m4 which
I need to commit after regenerating the proper
Do I just run autoconf in the common subdirectory
or is this included elsewhere? If so, what is the
proper procedure for regenerating everything?
Yes, run autoconf, preferably only in the directory affected.
Make sure to use the same version of autoconf that was last
used in that directory, which you can find by looking at
"configure" (in this case, version 2.59), unless otherwise
noted (eg. by a collective decision to go to a later version).
See the example in sim/common/ChangeLog:
2008-07-11 Hans-Peter Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* common.m4: Add test for libz and zlib.h.
* configure: Regenerate to track ../common/common.m4 changes.
* config.in: Ditto.
Thanks for asking!