This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb internal functionality
- From: Jeremy Bennett <jeremy dot bennett at embecosm dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: raja dot saleru at iap-online dot com, ebo at sandien dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:52:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: gdb internal functionality
- References: <email@example.com> , <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: jeremy dot bennett at embecosm dot com
On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 05:21 -0700, EBo wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to know more of GDB internals especially the control flow and
> > functionality for the following gdb commands. For ex. the development
> > environment include gdb on cygwin environment, which is connected to
> > OpenOCD, which inturn connects to ARM target. Any information on this
> > would be very helpful.
> > 1. target remote host:port
> > 2. stepi
> > 3. contrinue
> > 4. break linenum
> > 5. delete bpnum
> > 6. watch expression
> > 7. set/read register value
> > 8. read/write memory
> > 9. quit
> > 10. monitor reset
> > Thanks in Advance
> > Raja Saleru
I assume you've looked at the GDB Internals document (in the
distribution or on the website). You'll also find the GDB IRC (#gdb on
irc.freenode.net) very helpful for specific questions.
Michael Snyder has given you some suggestions for the commands you list.
You may also like to look at the guide to porting GDB I wrote earlier
Chapter 2 includes some example procedural flows, which include some of
the commands you list above.
Hope this helps,
Tel: +44 (1202) 416955
Cell: +44 (7970) 676050