RE: reverse trace [was: vmware's replay framework and gdb]

One of the reasons I was thinking of relational databases was that they can
deal with the volume and put whatever the decide to cache into dis instead of
memory (but maybe you were thinking disk space when you said memory anyway).

Besides compression of data stream there is also the possibility of only
caching at certain sync points and tracing between sync points you have to
regenerate the temp variables, etc.  Like I said, I was just brain storming
here.  I had no idea how far things had gotten along the lines of
Chronomancer/Chronicle.

Regardless of how it eventually ends up working, it is going to either use a
LOT of space, or a lot of CPU power to recreate.

Cheers,

  EBo --