vmware's replay framework and gdb

hey..

I watched the following Google tech talk with much interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMlihjqlhY

It describes a very generic, scalable, environment-agnostic way of
recording programs' execution via vmware's virtualization, and doing
reverse tracing (which is one of the reasons I'd like to record
programs in the first place). I heard gdb mentioned in the video in
passing, so I'm assuming someone in the list is familiar with vmware's
effort, but how far along is gdb in supporting this framework?

Thanks much,

Ed